Adding An Admin on Facebook Not Working
Written by: Eileen Lonergan
Ugh, did this happen to you as well?
I haven’t been using Facebook as much for clients as I have in the past, but today I wanted to give the new Director of my local library Admin privileges to the Facebook account and couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t working as expected.
I reached out to my friend Maureen (who I have mentioned before, my Digital Diva Tools Resource) and she did the research and got back to me with this info that I thought I would put here in case you are also stuck:
Note: To add an admin to your Page, you have to be a manager-level Admin yourself.
To add an Administrator:
- Click Edit Page at the top of your Page.
- Select Manage Admin Roles.
- If the new admin is your Facebook friend, begin typing their name and select them from the list that appears. If the new admin is not your Facebook friend, enter their email address.
- Click Content Creator to select an admin role from the drop down menu.
- Click Save and enter your password to confirm.
- The new admin can accept or reject the admin invite in the top right of facebook.com/pages. Depending on their settings, they may also receive a notification to the right of their News Feed or an email.
So before, the person you wanted to make an Admin just had to like the page – NOW YOU HAVE TO KNOW THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS.
Anyone else feeling a little over Facebook and these hurdles?
Cheers to Maureen!