How to add SEO Elements to an Image in WordPress
Written by: Eileen Lonergan
Using the proper technique for search engine optimization on your images is a best practice. Lots of searches are done for Google Images and with a few simple steps you can rise to the top of searches.
- Add in the Title (to keep yourself organized).
- Alternate text (this is the text that is displayed when someone mouses over the image, and is very helpful to the visually impaired).
- I am not a big fan of captions, so I leave that blank.
- Description – you can be brief or lengthy, I just repeat the Title.
- Link URL – only have a legitimate url in here if you really want to link someplace, otherwise leave it blank.
- Align it to what suits you.
- Size – it slows down your site if images need to be resized, so I try to always upload the image to the size I plan on using on my blog.
Let me know if you have any questions.