How to Verify Your Website in Pinterest
Written by: Eileen Lonergan
Note: I have a more recent post on Verifying Your Website in Pinterest and it is easier than this method. I have said it before, yet here it goes again – I am crazy about Pinterest. I really can get lost in the images and thoughts of what could be. On a practical note, I recommend Pinterest for a lot of my clients who:
- Have a female target audience
- Have a visual product
What you may not know is that you can verify your website with Pinterest, which is valuable because:
- It is good for people who are crazy about what you are pinning – they can find out more about you and your site and lead to new customers and sales
- It is another inbound link to your website which is good for search engine optimization (yoga chanting here: Make Google Happy – Make Google Happy)
The steps are simple. The ftp part may feel daunting, but you can use FileZilla, TextWrangler, or call BlueHost and their cracker jack team of professionals will walk you through the process in the c-panel.
Here are the simple steps in video format:
Not a video person?
- Login to Pinterest
- Go to your settings
- Look for the box Website and put in your url (www.YourUrl.com)
- Click Verify Website
- Download the html doc and save it to your hard drive
- Fire up an ftp client
- Navigate to the root of your site
- drag in the Pinterest html doc
- Pop back to Pinterest and click Verify
- You will see a red circle with a check or an error message
- Viola, you are done
If you have any questions, or Pinterest feedback, please let me know!